Fleet Feet, the local retail leader in building and supporting the Mt. Juliet running community, will participate in the brand’s nationally coordinated running event, The Big Run, on June 5 in celebration of Global Running Day. This year’s event consists of more than 100 running events taking place throughout the day across 32 states.
Now in its third year, The Big Run welcomes runners of all ages, levels, and abilities. Stores participate either by holding a timed, certified 5K race or a fun run. Sponsored nationally by Brooks, and supported locally by Nuun, The Big Run welcomed over 16,000 participants nationwide in 2018 and is expected to top 20,000 participants this year.
“We are super excited to host this event again this year.” says Krista Dugosh, Owner, Fleet Feet Mt. Juliet. “The support from the community and the excitement of the runners and walkers turns this into a fun event. Our brand partners really turn it up, and we couldn’t be more grateful!”
The results from timed, certified 5K races will funnel up into a national leaderboard to determine the overall fastest runners of the day nationwide, as well as age group winners. Winners receive cash prizes. Fleet Feet and Brooks will also present prizes for unique categories, including:
- IN THE MIDDLE OF IT ALL: The male and female who finish in the exact middle of all finishers in the country in their gender receive $500!
- COMMON GROUND: Each person who finishes at the most common finish time across the country is entered into a drawing for $500!
- SOCIAL BUTTERFLIES: Any participant who posts a photo on social media from The Big Run and includes #TheBigRun @FleetFeetSports, @BrooksRunning is eligible to win one of three sets of Brooks x Fleet Feet mini-portable Bluetooth runners’ speakers, provided by Brooks!
Details for the local event include:
- FREE FUN RUN
- FINISHER MEDALS FOR ALL REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS
- RUN STARTS AT 7PM
- EVENT TAKES PLACE AT THE CORNER PUB, MT. JULIET
- RAFFLE PRIZES & PRIZE VOUCHERS WILL BE GIVEN AWAY