Mayor Shane McFarland will hold a Live televised briefing Monday, June 1, at 6 p.m. to update citizens on Covid-19. To watch the briefing live on Facebook, go to https://www.facebook.com/cityofmurfreesborotn.
The televised briefing will be carried live on CityTV and WGNS Radio and can be viewed on Comcast Xfinity channel 3 & 1094, AT&T Uverse channel 99, Roku, Apple TV via Cablecast Screenweave, www.youtube.com/cityofmurfreesboro, and City website at www.murfreesborotn.gov/citytv.
“This Facebook Live briefing on CityTV and WGNS Radio will update citizens on the health and economic impact of Covid-19,” said Mayor Shane McFarland. “As Mayor, I want to continue to be responsive to citizens and businesses by answering as many questions about Reopening Guidelines after Gov. Lee’s ‘Stay-at-Home’ order expired April 30.”
Citizens can view the latest Guidelines on the City’s Coronavirus Information webpage at www.murfreesborotn.gov/covid19. For video messages, including COVID-19 Updates and Briefings from Mayor McFarland, visit http://www.murfreesborotn.gov/1702/City-Video-Messages.
The City urges all citizens to continue to follow CDC practices:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough and sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
- Stay home when you are sick and call your physician or the County Health Department at 615-898-7880 or 615-849-0347 for guidance.
- Stay home if you come into contact with someone who is sick.
- Clean and disinfect objects (e.g., cell phone, computer) and high touch surfaces.
As a reminder, residents can opt-in to receive notifications with important information and updates regarding COVID-19 from Alert Rutherford by texting “RCCOVID” to 888777.